Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Inconsistency between eclipse plugin net_rim_apis and jde net_rim_api

Hello all quick question that is difficult to explain so here goes. The thing is that I have a class that extends BitmapField and implements the paintBitmap method. Recently we have installed the new eclipse with the new plug in and all the JDE (since 4.2.1) and we found out in this  class that the call to super.paintBitmap(...) cause a problem in jdes 4.6 and 4.2.1 when trying to compile with eclipse but not using the ant script ( bb_ant_tools ). So today I replaced the net_rim_apis.jar from JDE 4.2.1 in the eclipse plugin 4.2.1 replacing the existing one. The question is...is this a known issue? how it is possible that there is a malformed net_rim_api.jar file? could I be getting another compilation errror that do not exist? 

Another tip is that when using the library that comes with the eclipse plugin the paintBitmap is not signaled as overwritten and when i debugged in the phone the methiod was magically called ( which gave me the idea that the eclipse library was messed up )

By the way the plug in is net.rim.ejde.componentpack4.2.1_4.2.1.19

and the JDE is 4.2.1.41

Developer
My Device: Playbook

Re: Inconsistency between eclipse plugin net_rim_apis and jde net_rim_api

The JDE jar includes some things that were supposed to be hidden.

They have finally hidden them in Eclipse plug in jars.    

Developer

To add to dnepr's post, neither v4.2.1 nor v4.6.0 JDE API documentation lists the BitmapField.paintBitmap method, meaning it's not a supported method and RIM are free to remove it.

New Developer

thanks for the answer but to be honest the idea of hidding methods by displaying them not available in the compilation phase while you have others JDE libraries (SAME JDEs versions) around with these methods available doesnot seem to be smart at all.Anyway if you add these methods to the class (in the non working library) the methods are called.... but another problem arises when i try to use super.paintBitmap, the plugin library does not compile and without the super.paintBitmap the function of the methods do not perform as expected. So anyway I was just curious about this and if you have any suggestions Ill more than happy to read them.