Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Blackberry Torch

Re: Install two cod files using one jad file (OTA)

what i found as workaround was to use alternate entry point to start another process rather than creating the same app.

you can use ApplicationManager to start another instance using application descriptor.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark posts as solved if you found a solution. Press the kudos button to thank the user who helped you.
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

What device are you doing this on.  I suspect your delete from the Downloads folder is just deleting the icon and not the application - if you have an pre OS 5.0 device. 

I would recommend that you always delete using Options-->Advanced-->Applications

Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9800

[ Edited ]

peter_strange wrote:

What device are you doing this on.  I suspect your delete from the Downloads folder is just deleting the icon and not the application - if you have an pre OS 5.0 device. 

I would recommend that you always delete using Options-->Advanced-->Applications

Thanks again for the reply.

I am checking this on Curve 8900(4.6.1).

Is this a bug on platforms older than 5.0?

As developers we know the problem, so we'll go to Options for deleting the application.

But my end users may not know that they should delete using Options-->Advanced-->Applications right?

Any alternatives?

One more question, is there any place to write code which will be exected just before un-installing my app?

If there is such a method, i can add some code into it, to check for existance of BGApp while un-installing UIApp and will run BGApp un-installer using CodeModuleManager.

-Shankar
Developer

Ignore my comment that is cnot correct.

Your delete should delete evertything, sorry I ahve no idea why it is not working. 

New Developer

I am having exactly this same problem.

I have a jad file with two modules in it. The jad file was created correctly with updatejad.

One module is a user interface, and the other is a content handler.

When you delete the main applicaiton, the content handler remains.

Did anyone have a solution to it, or is there a known bug in the platform that someone can point me to?

Is there a property in the .jad file that could cause this problem (e.g. the version number of the modules is different)?

Richard

Contributor
My Device: 9300, 9700

Please try to follow this step

I'm using Windows.

1. First set PATH to D:\eclipse-bb-jde\plugins\net.rim.ejde.componentpack6.0.0_6.0.0.30\components\bin

so the updatejad.exe can be accessed from any folder

2. You should have two project, first project as BlackBerry Library (set on application descriptor as library), second project as BlackBerry Application

3. Set that second project, Build Path, add project first project

4. Then package the second project, it should sign and package both project and produce each .jad

5. go to folder, type

updateJad second.jad first.jad

6. Then try to install via OTA, through second.jad

( you can check the second.jad file using notepad, the library in first peoject should be included)

Until you spread your wings, You will have no idea how far you can fly