Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780

Installing JRE 5.0.0 fails on Eclipse Indigo

Hi everyone,

I just installed a fresh copy of the Eclipse plugin along with the Indigo version of Eclipse that it now contains.

The install was successful but I'm having a real problem adding JRE 5.0.0 from the update site. JRE 6.x and 7.x install fine, JRE 5.0.0 appears to have installed fine but doesn't appear in the list of installed JREs in the settings.

In addition, if I try to add JRE 5.0.0 manually by pointing Eclipse at the ee file I get the message "Install Location does not contain filepreverify.exe"

Does anyone have any idea what might be happening here?

Thanks,

Steve

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780

Re: Installing JRE 5.0.0 fails on Eclipse Indigo

This is really odd, Eclipse is reporting that the 5.0.0 JRE installed fine but when I look on the file system some things seem to be corrupt e.g. preverify.exe has the exe extension missing.

Looks like something went wrong with the install process - has anyone seen this or got any suggestions?

Regular Contributor
My Device: Developer

I recently did an install of the latest Eclipse PlugIn, 1.5.2, and got the JRE 5.0 successfully. What exactly were you using for the update site URL?

If I were you, I would repeat the install/update procedures again but place everything in a different destination directory and see if it happens again.

Developer
My Device: Passport

Did anyone find a solution to this?  I have the same issue trying to get 5 and 6 funcitonal

Regular Contributor
My Device: Developer

For what it's worth... I shelved this project for a few months then picked back up on it. BB had a new Eclipse plugin release 2.0.0 which I upgraded to. I used the BB Updates - http://www.blackberry.com/developers/jar/win/java and was able to pull down my 5.0 and 6.0 updates with no problem. Hope this helps.

Developer
My Device: Passport

Thanks IpiRon,  but my problem started when I did new install of Eclipse, then used updates to pull down the new plugin. I can download the SDKs ok but JRE is not visible. Trying to manually add JRE 5 and JRE 6 gives the same error are you reported. 7.0 and 7.1 are fine.