Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Installing signature keys - The HMAC information in the registration request is not valid.

Hi,

Yesterday I received my BlackBerry signature keys and accompanying instructions. Everything was going fine until Step 7, which states:

In the "Registration PIN" field, type the PIN number that you supplied on the signature key order form.

There is *no doubt* I am entering the proper registration pin, namely the one I used when ordering the key. However each time I enter the pin, I receive the following error message:

The HMAC information in the registration request is not valid. The likely cause of this problem is not entering the correct PIN.

My caps lock key is not on, and I am entering the registration pin, not the password created when using the signature tool.

Any ideas?

Jason

Developer

Re: Installing signature keys - The HMAC information in the registration request is not valid.

This means for some reason your PIN is not matching with what is on the server.

Contact with devsupport@rim.com regarding this issue.

Regards

Bikas

New Developer

Re: Installing signature keys - The HMAC information in the registration request is not valid.

Hi Bikas,

Alright I also logged a support request at that address this morning so I guess I'll sit tight. 

Jason

Developer

Yes.. It usually takes 2-3 business days to get response from RIM.

Regards

Bikas

My Device: 8200
My Carrier: Airtel

Facing the same problem here.

I am using the Eclipse JDE and followed all the steps mentioned in the email form Blackberry.

After the PIN is entered I recieve the follwing message,

The HMAC information in the registration is not valid. The likely cause of this problem is not entering the correct PIN.

I am sure that the PIN that I am entering is correct.

Please Help.

Contributor
My Device: Playbook; Dev alpha C
My Carrier: 02

[ Edited ]

check, if the pin is 6-10 digits long. My pin was 11 digits long and 11th digit was ignored.

Visitor
My Device: BLACKBERRY 9320
My Carrier: Claro

buen dia!!! pudiste solucionar este problema??????????????