Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Contributor
cc2go
My Carrier: Telstra

Integrating blackberry 9900 keypad call/end buttons with app call/end buttons

We are trying to integrating blackberry 9900 keypad call/end buttons with app call/end buttons. This works on bb curve  but does not works on bb 9900 phone. Let us know if this is actually possible on bb 9900 phone?

Please use plain text.
Developer
simon_hain
My Carrier: O2 Germany

Re: Integrating blackberry 9900 keypad call/end buttons with app call/end buttons

welcome to the support forum.

how are you integrating?
using keyDown in the app should work in any case. If the app is in the background it could be an OS issue, maybe something was changed.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cc2go

Re: Integrating blackberry 9900 keypad call/end buttons with app call/end buttons

We are trying to make a touch screen dialer but we are unable to integrate phone keypad button press with app touch screen keypad buttons. Not the alphanumeric keys and not the call/end buttons.

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange

I am not clear on what you are saying here sorry.  Following is my take on your issue and a few questions that I would like answered if my understanding is correct.  If my understanding is not correct, then please explain again. 

It seems that you are displaying a button in a 'dialer' on the 9900 touchscreen and pressing this button is not working as you expect.

Are you pressing this button using the touchscreen, or using the trackpad to navigate to the button then clicking the trackpad?

However the same code when run on a Curve works.  Can you tell us which model Curve this is?  Does this model have a touch screen?  If it it does not have a touch screen then how are you detecting presses on the 'dialer'? 

When you step through your code that is activated by the button press on the 9900 dialer, which statement does not do what you expect?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cc2go

As i wrote that we have made a touchpad dialer with all buttons. When we use it from touchpad, it works fine, but when we press the hardware keypad call button, it does not call the number on the touchpad screen.

Can i tap hardware dial button to dial the displayed number on touchscreen?

It works on bb curve 9220 which is not a touch screen phone and we press the hardware dial button and it dials the number on our dialer.

But it does ot works on bb 9900 touch screen phone.

Can this be because of touch screen phone?

If yes than what is the suggested solution to achieve this feature?

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange

As Simon noted, the call button can usually be trapped a key listener. 

Is this how you are managing it on the 9220? 

If not, how are you processing this key? 

If you had no processing using this key, then I would not expect it to use the number on your dialer on the 9220. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cc2go

Yes, we are trapping this  and it's working on bb curve.

GREEN_BUTTON_KEY=1114112;

protected boolean keyUp(int keycode, int time)
{
if (keycode==GREEN_BUTTON_KEY)
{

return doCall();
}

else {
return false;
}
}

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange

So where did you get this "magic" number?

GREEN_BUTTON_KEY=1114112

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cc2go

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange

[ Edited ]

These are not official documentation.  I suggest you debug this code on a 9900 Simulator, and check the value is what you expect. 

Please use plain text.