Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
mohitsharma
My Device: Blackberry Torch

Re: Integrating content into search in OS6

i didnt use UiAction or contextobject.

I just get call in my entity and from there assuming that user had selected this entity. I start doing what i want to.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark posts as solved if you found a solution. Press the kudos button to thank the user who helped you.
Please use plain text.
New Developer
tedrex
My Device: Not Specified

Does that mean you have submitted only one entity to Unified search?

Therefore you know what it should be?

Please use plain text.
Developer
mohitsharma

I have published many entities say 50 using appcontentmanager.

The method  getUiActions is available in every entity. So whenever user select a result, getUiActions corresponding to that entity is invoked. And from there you can take over, do what you want to do, as you know which entity is invoked. Take care that you should do stuff in a seaparate thread.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark posts as solved if you found a solution. Press the kudos button to thank the user who helped you.
Please use plain text.
Developer
yyhokenny
My Device: Simulator

@tedrex:

You use none of those.  Since the getUiAction is in the SearchableEntity, you should have the selected item with it.  Then you launch your app with alternate entry point with an argument or pass it through runtime store or something.

@mohitsharma

My guess is that your inserted contents are fine as long as the uss don't need to interact with your Searchable.  But once it does (and who knows when and why it does) and doesn't get that SearchableEntity[] back, then it will wipe your stuff out.

Yea.... i am hoping for an update too.  Of all the new things I saw from OS6, the USS is what impressed me the most (which is why I am implementing it even though not much ppl can use it... Torch isn't even out in its home country :-P).  I know it's a catch-up feature much like other part of OS6 but it actually managed to out do the integrated search in other platform (iPhone doesn't allow 3rd party content I don't think... android is pretty much the same but it doesn't have the keyboard.  The slide-out-and-just-type search edged out android just a bit.)  This is almost like those type-ahead-search in Firefox and Vim.  It's unfortunate that the API is a bit botched.

Please use plain text.
New Developer
tedrex
My Device: Not Specified

I got it.

Thank you both.

Please use plain text.
Developer
mohitsharma

@yyhokenny

thanks again for pointing out that USS could wipe off data in some unknown cases. didn't thought in that way.

@tedrex

glad that you got to know how to get it work for you.

also have a look at below thread, another discussion about some problems with USS (Unified Search Service)

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/Integrating-app-with-Unified-Search/m-p/5735...

Please use plain text.