Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Contributor
Draxx85
My Device: 9800 torch

Integration of BBM into a Game

Hi, there, Been developing for the blackberry for a while now but never actually posted in the forums so thought it was about time.  I am working on a video game project for the using ver 6.0. I am attempting to integrate BBM into my game but I am a little bit confused with a certain part of it. The host is able to invite his friend via the contact picker no problem, but once the other phone launches the game I am not sure how to get the phone joining the session to actually join the session.

Shoul I be initializing BBM when the app starts and check for a connection? when the App launches via BBM does it pass in any arguements to help me connect them to the hosts session? Been struggling with this for a few days and cant seem to see this referenced in the documentation. If anyone has any ideas I would be very grateful.

Developer
RexDoug
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Integration of BBM into a Game

Did you take a look at the TicTacToe sample code? It ships with the dev tools.

New Contributor
Draxx85
My Device: 9800 torch

Re: Integration of BBM into a Game

I had a quick browse through it when I first downloaded the SDK. WIll spend some time reading it and see if that helps me out a bit. Thanks