Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
huddarveena
My Device: Developer
My Carrier: Robosoft

Integration of Google maps in BlackBerry app.

Hello all, I wanna integrate Google map in my BlackBerry app, where I need the places acquired from server to be visible in the Google maps integrated.

1) First question I have is, can we use Google maps in BB app, without having Google Maps app preinstalled in the device.

2) Can we have all the functionalities like,  getting current location, getting info window for a location etc. using Google maps in BB?

Please do answer my queries, as I need an estimation of how long it takes to integrate Google maps and are there any issues in doing so. Thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.
Developer
simon_hain
My Device: Z10 LE
My Carrier: O2 Germany

Re: Integration of Google maps in BlackBerry app.

1) you can use the web api to download an image (map snippet) etc
2) check the web api

if you want deep integration you need to use bb maps, as google does not offer an api on the phone, only on the web.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Please use plain text.
Developer
huddarveena
My Device: Developer
My Carrier: Robosoft

Re: Integration of Google maps in BlackBerry app.

Thank you for the quick reply. I hope web API will be helpful if we are doing it through JavaScript, if I am not wrong. But, if I have to do it in native BB code, what might be the possible way.

I could get a glimse of Google Static Maps API from following link:

https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/staticmaps/

Will this help me to achieve my objective, kindly provide me your concerns, if you are aware about it. Thank you.

Please use plain text.