Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Intercept and delete incoming SMS

I read a few topics here about SMS intercepting, and everywhere saying that impossible to delete incoming text message.

But I found SMSFilter application in the blackberry APPWorld, here: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/7411

This application can intercept the sms. And there is no sms notification sound, the filtered text message does not appear in the inbox.

So it's possible, but how, anybody knows?

Thanks.

Contributor
My Device: 8820
My Carrier: ceo

Re: Intercept and delete incoming SMS

I also look for ways to delete text filtering and

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

There is no way to delete incoming SMS.

Developer
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: Airtel

Yes, I too agree with Rex as u cannot access SMS folders programmatically.

Press the Like button (Thumb up) on the left side to thank and
please mark the Thread as solved if its solved...
K.S
Developer
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: WiFi

vick_man wrote:

I read a few topics here about SMS intercepting, and everywhere saying that impossible to delete incoming text message.

But I found SMSFilter application in the blackberry APPWorld, here: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/7411

This application can intercept the sms. And there is no sms notification sound, the filtered text message does not appear in the inbox.

So it's possible, but how, anybody knows?

Thanks.

I was surprised as well when I noticed this app. We all know for sure that it is impossible, but those guys made it in some way. I guess it is some kind of OS hack. However the app doesn't work at 100% - 8520 with OS 4.6 it fails, incoming messages are intercepted and don't go in the regular SMS inbox, but they don't appear in the app either.

Any official RIM statement about it? :smileyhappy: At the end it is in App World so it is approved...

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Developer
Developer
My Device: 8130 / 8350 / 9530 / 9550 / 9850 / PlayBook
My Carrier: Verizon

There are apps that do this by using the firewall to block SMS from being saved when recieved, but im not sure how they are doing it exactly.

Developer
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: WiFi

The above mentioned app does not use the firewall, that's why I'm curious how it works.

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Contributor
My Device: RIM 9670
My Carrier: sprint

anyone has find out about this?

How to intercept and delete a sms from Blackberry's sms store?