Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: 8800
Accepted Solution

Interesting GUI Question!

Good Day,

I've been thinking, is it possible, on a screen, to dynamically add sections/panels to that screen?  For example, I have a section, and a button at the end of that section, that says "Add another". On clicking this button, it should dynamically add another section below the previous one. 

Am I asking for too much?  Smiley Wink Would be cool though... Anyone, any thoughts?

Cheers,

Nik.

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

Re: Interesting GUI Question!

you can add or remove fields with the corresponding methods of the manager/screen classes. there are also methods to insert fields in between.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

I do this a lot.  Please review the following Thread.  I'm happy to try to clear up any confusions, it seems the Original Poster on this Thread did not get what I was saying.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=java_dev&message.id=5142

Developer
My Device: 8800

Excellent Peter, it sounds like exactly what I want to do!! Just have to wait till the morrow to actually try it out.

Will definetly give a shout if there is anything more.

Cheers,

Nik.