Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
spookendiesel
My Device: Not Specified

Invalid tunnel name

Our application communicates with a web server to retrieve and update data.  During testing we have seen an intermittent error occurring with the message "Invalid tunnel name".  There doesn't appear to be any pattern to this and seems to occur particulary when wifi has been used. It feels like the device loses track of the connection type and tries to use TCP (Options/Advanced/TCP), as we don’t configure a gateway APN on the device (we’re using BIS), the connection fails.

Does anybody know why this might be occurring?
Please use plain text.
Administrator
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Invalid tunnel name

You can use the deviceside parameter to force the application to use a specific connection route.

What Is - Different ways to make an HTTP or socket connection
Article Number: DB-00396

http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe/fetch/2000/348583/800451/800563/What_Is...

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.
Developer
spookendiesel
My Device: Not Specified

We are using the deviceside parameter to use a specific connection route.  All the devices we are testing on should be connecting via MDS or BIS-B, and the code used to determine the deviceside parameter comes from the documentation we received from RIM when we signed up to use BIS-B.

I have noticed that once valid APN settings are added in Options > Advanced Options > TCP, then this message no longer appears.  But seeing as our app is not supposed to be connecting in this manner on any of our test devices, there should be no need to enter this information.

But like I said, this message is appearing intermittently so it's pretty difficult to track down exactly what's happening. 

Please use plain text.
Administrator
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Please contact your ISV Alliance support manager for further support on this.
Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.