Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
New Developer
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Invoke OptionsProvider screen of custom application

[ Edited ]

Hello

JDE 4.2.1

Emulator and Real device - 8700

My application registers OptionsProvider at "Options" screen. My application should work in background and when i set "library" type in JDE - it doesn't show any icon in available application list. How can i create a shortcut in application list screen to call options of my application registered with OptionsManager. Or maybe i need to build my app in some other way to make it run in background.

Any advices on creating background applicaitons are very appreciated :smileyhappy:

Thnx !

Message Edited by jk on 08-19-2008 04:58 PM
Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport

Re: Invoke OptionsProvider screen of custom application

to register an options provider set up an alternative entry point for your application.
see http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe/fetch/2000/348583/800738/800901/How_To_-_Setup_an_alternate_entry_point_for_my_application.html?nodeid=800820&vernum=0
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
New Developer
New Developer

Great option ! Thxn for help. 

But maybe also you have an idea how to invoke Option Provider screen creted by my application. My goal is to avoid creating similar screen in main() method.
Developer

Look at this KB from RIM: 

http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe/fetch/2000/348583/800332/800367/How_To_-_Add_application_options_to_the_BlackBerry_Options.html?nodeid=832049&vernum=0

Developer

If the preceding link does not answer your question, can you please clarify what you want.

I'm guessing you have an "Options" screen in your application and you want to allow the user to get access to this screen using the standard BlackBerry Options.  If this is the case, can you confirm whether or not the this access will be in addition to or as a replacement for the user accessing it from the application. 

New Developer
New Developer

Very helpful ! Thnx
New Developer
New Developer

peter_strange wrote:

If the preceding link does not answer your question, can you please clarify what you want.

I'm guessing you have an "Options" screen in your application and you want to allow the user to get access to this screen using the standard BlackBerry Options.  If this is the case, can you confirm whether or not the this access will be in addition to or as a replacement for the user accessing it from the application. 

A bit different approach. I've registered OptionsProvdier for my application. And now succesfully can manage them via standart BlackBerry Options. But i wanna have my application icon such way that when it's clicked it's opening my applicaiton section option from "Global BlackBerry Options" screen. It's just matter of code reuse and application structure.Now i have few solutions so i gonna create smth from all of them. Probabaly i will create some manager that will populate passed MainScreen instance both from Blackberry Options and launch of application from icon.