Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
lookingintoit
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Invoking AddressBook

Hi,

I would like to invoke an address book application for a given contact in 'view' mode, much like a view mode (net.rim.blackberry.api.invoke.CalendarArguments.ARG_VIEW) that is available for invoking a calendar application. The only two modes available to invoke an address book application are ARG_COMPOSE and ARG_NEW (from net.rim.blackberry.api.invoke.AddressBookArguments)

I also looked at the 'choose' methods in net.rim.blackberry.api.pdap.BlackBerryContactList, but these are for making the user choose a contact or PIMItem as the name suggests, but not to display the address book with the contact in hand. Just so you know, I am using the following code to invoke the address book application.

net.rim.blackberry.api.invoke.Invoke.invokeApplication(net.rim.blackberry.api.invoke.Invoke.APP_TYPE_ADDRESSBOOK, newnet.rim.blackberry.api.invoke.AddressBookArguments(net.rim.blackberry.api.invoke.AddressBookArguments.ARG_COMPOSE, contact));

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated a lot.

Environment

----------------

JDE component package 4.6.0

Simulator 9000 

Please use plain text.
Developer
simon_hain
My Device: Z10 LE
My Carrier: O2 Germany

Re: Invoking AddressBook

as far as i know it is not possible, don't ask me why. you can implement your own detail view.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Please use plain text.
New Developer
lookingintoit
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Invoking AddressBook

I thought the same too. Thanks for confirming.
Please use plain text.