Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
Revenge
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Is MainScreen compulsory in BlackBerry applications?

Currently I've got 2 screens utilizing almost the same functionality and I'd rather extract common logic into some base class but they extend different RIM UI clases: MainScreen and FullScreen. Due to there's no multiple inheritance in java I cant figure out how to do this unless they both extend FullScreen. So the question stated in title arises. I've tested with 4.2 simulator and it works ok without the MainScreen, but I'm not sure for all the OS's out there. Does anyone know?

Developer
simon_hain
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport

Re: Is MainScreen compulsory in BlackBerry applications?

mainscreen extends fullscreen. main difference is the title and status area. usually it should not be a problem to replace a fullscreen with a mainscreen.

----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
New Developer
Revenge

Hi 

Developer
simon_hain
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport

what do you mean by "without mainscreen"? if you use only fullscreen: sure. if it is an uiapplication you have to use at least one screen.

if you don't want to have this constraint you can use application, but you have to do UI, if any, using global screens.

----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
New Developer
Revenge

>>>>>what do you mean by "without mainscreen"? if you use only fullscreen: sure. if it is an uiapplication you have to use at least one screen.

<<<<< I meant not using MainScreen class. I want to use only FullScreen classes for my UI. I guess you answered my question if this is 'official' :smileyhappy: BTW then my UI would be more consistent as MainScreen title comes with that gray background and mine not :smileyhappy:.

Thanks again.