01-18-2010 09:58 AM
I am new to developing apps for Blackbery. I have some programming knowledge but am not familliar with BB API.
I would like to ask aeperienced developers if it is possible to do something. No need to tell how, just if it is possible.
I would like to make application for myself.
I have IP television, and can use the option to put certain programs on "recording" for later watch on demand. I can also do that over SMS message, by sending channel number and time to certain number.
I would like my application to do the following:
1. Show user interface with two dropdown menus, one for the channel and one for the time.
- channel dropdown would have list of channel names as labels and respecting channel number as values to be used
- time dropdown would have just time formated as 10:00, 11:00 etc.
2. after selecting a pair of values application will create string containing channel number and time and push it to sms message with predefined number
- automatic send would be ok, but also would be good to ask for confirmation after revieving if SMS is composed correctly.
Does BB API and JDE contains all necessary functions, classes etc. to do that task?
Thanks to anyone who can coment on that, either with yes or no. if it is possible then i would probably go on with learning.
01-18-2010 11:08 AM
2. Not sure, I think you can.
01-18-2010 11:08 AM - edited 01-18-2010 11:11 AM
Yes it's possible with BB API (review Transport and Message classes for SMS sending)! I think it's availbale from 3.6 OS version .
Good luck with application!
01-18-2010 11:32 AM
I see it now, thanks @Eugen for clarification.