Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Is it possible to download and install application which is not code signed by rim?

Hi,

I have developed one BlackBerry application and I used net.rim.device.api.xml.parsers.*; in that application.  This application is properly download and install from web server through .jad and .jar.  One thing i know that we cannt access Blackberry applications without code signing. But if I try to download my application in Real device even it not dowloaded.  It is showing "This application requires the following module, which is not installed: net_rim_xml_org".

Advanced Thanks for your reply.

Developer

Re: Is it possible to download and install application which is not code signed by rim?

Hi,

Please check the compatibility of the API support on that device.

Tnq.

Use Search. "Accept Solution" If the problem is resolved.
Developer
My Device: ***
My Carrier: ***

Re: Is it possible to download and install application which is not code signed by rim?

Run preverify.exe (located in JDE/bin folder) on your project jar file.

It will check the code compatibility. 

Developer

Thanks for your reply tbilisoft and BBDeveloper,

I have moved my jar file to BlackBerry JDE 4.5.0\bin and then i run preverify.exe on my application jar file like below mentioned

C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry JDE 4.5.0\bin>preverify.exe zawyaBB.jar
Error preverifying class com.zawya.blackberry.PrimaryResourceFetchThread
java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Thread

If it is wrong procedure please let me know how to run the same.

Developer

Usage: preverify [options] classnames|dirnames ...

where options include:
-classpath <directories separated by ';'>
Directories in which to look for classes
-d <directory> Directory in which output is written (default is ./output/)
-cldc1.0 Checks for existence of language features prohibited
by CLDC 1.0 (native methods, floating point and finalizers)
-nofinalize No finalizers allowed
-nonative No native methods allowed
-nofp No floating point operations allowed
@<filename> Read command line arguments from a text file
Command line arguments must all be on a single line
Directory names must be enclosed in double quotes (")

specify net_rim_api.jar location as classpath parameter in preverify.exe command

Developer

Thanks tbilisoft,

Now it is executing properly without any error, and the thing is just it is executing and without showing any output message.  So it should download and install in the real device also right?

Developer

Signing is necessary if you've used classes those require signing (see javadoc for every class to get this information).

If you did not use classes which require signing - it should work.

Developer

Check the compatibility between your JDE you compiled and the Device you running. If it os same version and the API's which you used is common it should run. 

If you using any Signed API's the application will install on device but it will not all you to execute the application.

Use Search. "Accept Solution" If the problem is resolved.
Developer

[ Edited ]

Thanks tbilisoft and BBDeveloper,

Finally it got resolved. It is because of higher version .jad.  That's why it is not even download and install.

Message Edited by sunil_garlapati on 24-12-2008 05:31 PM