01-06-2011 04:54 AM
I had gone through the CHAPI method and the pattern matching but the pattern matching only works with the content typed on a textfield.... My application is working in cordination with the network and had to open the application from a link, as we come across similar types ... in internet ie, sending a confirmation to our mail when sign up we have to confirm by clicking on the link and once clicked will navigate to that particular websites page... similarly my app have to implement the link to open an installed application in my device....
Is it possible???
Any help will be appreciated and am looking forward for your valuable suggestions too...
Any one implemented similar kind of application before???
Thanks in advance...
Solved! Go to Solution.
01-06-2011 05:06 AM
01-06-2011 05:24 AM
thank you for your reply.. Please tell me what exactly is the function of the httpfilterregistry sample...
And I am not trying to open a webpage but my application..
Will it work with the httpfilterregistry???
01-06-2011 05:37 AM
1. using HttpFilterRegistry you can register a url with package name.
whenever user tries to open that url, blackberry framework will send the httpconnection to the Protocol.java class of registered package.
in jde samples you can find the sample of httpfilter.
2. If you want to launch 3rd party application from other 3rd party application, you can use
3. if you want to launch blackberry native app from 3rd party app, you can use.
01-06-2011 05:44 AM
* What I want is to open a 3rd party application from the Blackberry browser...
Will that be possible...
* Will I be able to get a call to the particular class(protocol.java) of a program when I try to open a URL (say any)