Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
ShadowMare
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Is there a recommended EULA?

Hi there!

It says that it "is recommended to include an EULA" in an application which should be sold via the BlackBerry App World, but I'm no lawyer and I'm very new to that.

I've looked for a generic EULA which I can adapt to my needs but I can't find one.

Can you help me?

Please use plain text.
Developer
JCarty
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9650/BlackBerry Torch 9800

Re: Is there a recommended EULA?

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/15824/Sample-Software-EULA

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/2933014/END-USER-LICENSE-AGREEMENT-%28-EULA-%29

Jerome Carty - Follow jcarty on Twitter@jcarty | #webworks-dev / #BlackberryDev on irc.freenode.net | My Apps
Click "Accept as Solution" if post solved your original issue.. Give like/thumbs up if you feel post is helpful
Please use plain text.
Developer
ydaraishy

You need to make sure that whatever EULA you use, that it accurately reflects what you desire to license to your end users. *Read* it, and make sure you're happy with it first.

It is a legal document after all.

Please use plain text.
Developer
JCarty
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9650/BlackBerry Torch 9800

Agreed.

Jerome Carty - Follow jcarty on Twitter@jcarty | #webworks-dev / #BlackberryDev on irc.freenode.net | My Apps
Click "Accept as Solution" if post solved your original issue.. Give like/thumbs up if you feel post is helpful
Please use plain text.
Developer
ShadowMare

This is a great website. Thank you for those links.

Is it right when I show that on a Dialog.ask on the first start? I think this is not OK in Germany as the user reads it after buying the app. But is there another possibility?

I can modify those Docstoc ressources when I downloaded that free one you provided me, am I right? Can't find that on their site, but I'll have a closer look for that :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Developer
ydaraishy

Maybe ask in the App World forums about what the refund mechanism is; this is a standard way to work license refusal, either you agree to the terms or you can return the app for a full refund.

Please use plain text.
Developer
ShadowMare

[ Edited ]

Can customers request a refund after they purchase an application?
BlackBerry App World generally does not offer refunds to consumers. However, for those jurisdictions where the RIM merchant of record is obliged to provide a refund, the refund may be processed by RIM.

This is from the App World FAQ. Maybe this is concernig regions like Germany.

Am I right with the following?
- I'll show a modified version of the EULA you provided me on the first start in a Dialog.ask.

- Maybe I'll put a link to the EULA in the description

- If the user don't want the app and he has the right to give it back - this is RIMs part?

Please use plain text.
Developer
ydaraishy

You should ask in the App World forums on this same site. This forum is only for general Java development. I don't know anything about the legal requirements of App World other than some legal generalities about license agreements.

Please use plain text.
Developer
ShadowMare

Thank you, I did that now.

However if someone has any more hints for me, please tell me!

Please use plain text.