Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9850
My Carrier: Sprint

Issue Displaying Text with URL on Device

Hello All,

I'm having problems with the displaying Text with an embedded url on the the Torch - 9850 and curve 9350. The problem the text which is being rendered using the ActiveRichTexField is not visible on the actual device but works on the simulator. When I first encountered this issue I was add the ActiveRichTextField to a couple of VerticalFieldManagers before adding it to the MainScreen. This approach worked on the sim but not the device. The text was visible (white text/black background)  but the url was not active.The devices I'm using to test are OS 6.1 and OS 7.1. Then I changed the code by adding RichTextField by using MainScreen.insert() This approach worked on both the device and the simulator. Howver,  there are other Torch and curve devices being used where the text is not visible at all. In both cases when I added the ActiveRichTextField to the MainScreen using MainScreen.add() and MainScreen.insert() -  these device did not render the text at all..it just shows the black background. I checked the bundle version of my test devices with the versions on a device a tester was using and they where different. What else could possibly be done to fix this issue?

Super Contributor
My Device: 4.5 and above
My Carrier: none

Re: Issue Displaying Text with URL on Device

Hi,

Have you overrided paint method in that. can you paste some sample code.. so that, it will be helpful to find a solution.

Regards,
pp
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9850
My Carrier: Sprint

Hi pp,

Overidding the ActiveRichTextField's paint method works. The text displays on the problem devices and the devices that didnt have that issue. Thanks!

Highlighted
Super Contributor
My Device: 4.5 and above
My Carrier: none

You are welcome.

Regards,
pp