Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
QuiteSimple
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: WiFi
Accepted Solution

Issue with signing keys (not signing at all)

Hi,

I have a set if quite old BBOS signing keys (created on 14. August 2009) and I have used it for signing years long. Since yesterday I cannot sign anymore, SigningTool stays on "Receiving request" forever. No error, nothing, even if I enter wrong key password. The app is created with JDE 6.0, it actually requires only the RBB key.

I even opened sigtool.db with a text editor and tried to change the URL inside from rim.net to blackberry.net, but again no luck :smileysad:

Should I just order new signing keys or is there any way to fix the signing?

Thank you.

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Please use plain text.
Developer
simon_hain
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

Re: Issue with signing keys (not signing at all)

the server seems to be up
http://isthesigningserverdown.com/

did you try a newer version of the signing tool?
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Please use plain text.
Developer
QuiteSimple

Yes, I checked the signing server too, actually I'm checking it since yesterday, as I was thinking that it is a temporary glitch.

Re signing tool: I tested with 5.0, 6.0 and 7.0 signing tool, same behavior.

For the record, the last successfull signing with these keys was on 20. October 2013

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Please use plain text.
Administrator
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

This is likely caused by a Java version issue.  Have a look at the article below for all the details.  Let us know if you still run into problems.

SignatureTool Stops Responding While Signing

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.
Developer
QuiteSimple

Thank you, you saved my day :smileyhappy: Downloading JDE 7.1 fixed the issue. Now it hits me that I updated my Java version back in December.

Please use plain text.