Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
GregSmith104
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

JDE Generating Multiple COD files

All of a sudden the JDE is generating a COD file that when renamed to .ZIP can be extracted into multiple COD files...

I have not been able to successfully install my application through Desktop Manager or OTA. I've tried leave the original COD file as is, I've tried extracting the COD file, I've examined the JAD file and everything seems OK. The output was generated 100% by the JDE (I'm using v4.5).

Why is the JDE generating my COD file this way and how do I do about deploying it?

I did add some additional images to my project in the same way that I would a code file...should I be creating resouce files to hold these images instead?

Thank you,

Greg Smith

Please use plain text.
Developer
My Device: ***
My Carrier: ***

Re: JDE Generating Multiple COD files

theIn case the result cod file is bigger than 64 kb it is going to be divided to several (so called "sibling") cod files and encapsulated into one big cod file which format is zip-file format.

If you want to install this app from desktop you do not need to unpack sibling cod files.

Just use your signed cod file and alx file with BB Desktop Software.

If you want to install your app via OTA rename your cod file to zip, extract all contents and delete zip file.

Place all sibling cod files along with jad file to the one folder.

Make sure you have set proper MIME types.

JAD: text/vnd.sun.j2me.app-descriptor
COD: application/vnd.rim.cod 

You can add image files to your project and compile them with your code into cod file.

Please use plain text.