Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
xoheb
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

JDE build/ compilation failed

Hi.

I have code for a Java App zipped in a file. I extract it, build it and run it using a simulator. Everything goes great. When I make a change to the code and try to rebuild the project, I get the following error:

An exception has occurred in the compiler (1.5.0_01). Please file a bug at the Java Developer Connection (http://java.sun.com/webapps/bugreport)  after checking the Bug Parade for duplicates. Include your program and the following diagnostic in your report.  Thank you.
com.sun.tools.javac.code.Symbol$CompletionFailure: file net\rim\device\internal\ui\Border.class not found

I'm using JDE v. 4.2.1.41 with JDK 1.5.0. I also tried this with JDK 1.4.2. The same thing happened.

Regards.

Please use plain text.
Administrator
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Re: JDE build/ compilation failed

This is an issue with the version of JDK you are using.  The following link explains.

Support - Error: com.sun.tools.javac.code.Symbol$CompletionFailure: file net\rim\device\internal\ui\Border.class not found
Article Number: DB-00586

http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe/fetch/2000/348583/800738/800901/Support...

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.
New Developer
xoheb
My Device: Not Specified

Re: JDE build/ compilation failed

Thanks Mark!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Tamojit
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: AIRTEL