Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
shivam
My Device: Not Specified

JDE issue

I used Blackberry JDE 4.0 for development of my application the target device i used was Blackberry 7290

The application does not work on Blackberry 8800, can any one suggest what would be the problem

My question here is should the application work on 8800 or any of the 8 series..as it comes in JDE 4.3..????

Can someone throw some light on it.

Description of my application

-------------------------------

The application reads the mails, in the inbox of Blackberry and displays them in the proper format.

The mail body contains XML text.

The application displays the the information in the tags of the XML.

help Needed.....

Please use plain text.
Developer
My Device: ***
My Carrier: ***

Re: JDE issue

[ Edited ]

Try to use net.rim.device.api.system.EventLogger class to log events/exceptions/steps to the device log.

To open device log click on Alt button, hold it and press sequence LGLG

It will help you to realzie what part of your code does not work and act accordingly.

Message Edited by tbilisoft on 30-01-2009 02:55 PM
Please use plain text.
New Developer
shivam

I want to know whether there is any compatibility issue.

Means should the applications written in JDE 4.0 are not compatible with JDE 4.3

Please answer!!!!

Please use plain text.
Developer
RexDoug

Applications written on 4.0 should run OK on a device running 4.3. Your problem is not a "compatibility" issue.

However, you need to perform some basic problem determination and ask a better question.

Please use plain text.
Developer
marchywka

I did find out that our 4.0.2 app seems to run on Storm with a blue border around it.

Log files suggest it works on most intermediate devices with a few runtime version

handlers needed.

A more specific diagnosis would help- do you have an exception or an internal state dump or

something? It could be anything. You can try to get the JDE for that phone and see if it replicates

in the emulator. If not, you are really stuck with on-device debugging. See my earlier posts

for thoughts.

Please use plain text.