Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
ssiva
My Device: Not Specified

JSR 177 (SATSA) Support on Simulators

All,

I am new to Blackberry development, please bear with me if it's a too obvious question, I have been trying to exchange APDUs with SIM application. When I try to obtain an APDUConnection through Connector.open() command with url "apdu:0;target=SAT" or "apdu:0;target=<aid of SIM app>", I get an IO exception and the explanation of it says "JSR 177 is not supported on this platform". My doubt is that, do we have support for SIM interactions in Blackberry Simulator (I use one that comes with JDE 5.0 beta)? If not supported, what's the way to get this tested, like do I need a Blackberry device? And I have also read, these SATSA related APIs require code signing? Do I need to get the app signed even for testing? Thanks in advance.

--

Siva

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook

Re: JSR 177 (SATSA) Support on Simulators

You will need a real BlackBerry Smartphone to test this.  It is not supported by the BlackBerry smartphone simulator.

You can read about and purchase signature keys here:  http://na.blackberry.com/eng/developers/javaappdev/codekeys.jsp

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.