Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Jabber Client for BlackBerry

Good Day.

We're trying to develop a chat application for BB devices, which is pretty simple: all we need is to show a display when the application starts for the user to chat with an operator that uses a web application.

Right now we're modifying the code of a Jabber client (http://sourceforge.net/projects/jabbermixclient), and this code is working for Nokia and Motorola devices pretty well. However when we tried to use it in a BB device, the application doesn't start and throws the following error: "Error Starting JabberMixClient: Module JabberMixClient has verification error 1772 at offset 0408".

The application uses the libraries included in the LWUIT.jar file and components such as the ActionListener, the Communication Manager and the MidletEventListener are needed by the application.  We tried adding the javax.microedition.m3g.Nodec but it didnt fix the problem 

Thanx for any help 

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Jabber Client for BlackBerry

already fixed
New Developer
My Device: Bold 9000

Hi,

Could you please tell me how you have worked on. I would like to develop a chat application for my learning purpose, I require your assistence in selecting the main component/software/protocol to start with.

Do we have any parallel solution to Jabber or Jabber is the only solution?

Thanks,

Buzzz

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha

Hello how ur doing work how you fix the problem of jabberMix.Client

i downlaod the latest one JMC but its not working on black berry. some luwit errors

plz help me..

--
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
------------------------------------------------------------
Riz