Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Jar Application to Blackberry

Please excuse my lack of knowledge in this area, but I think I am trying to accomplish something that is not too difficult, but my lack of experience in the java arena is making it difficult.

I am using a low cost DVR for security camera in my retail stores. Someone has posted a java application for remote viewing the cameras via java enabled phones.

The remote viewer is given as a link to a Jar file:

http://scorpiontheater.com/Documents/CCTV.jar

I would like to be able to use this application on my Blackberry. However, it is my understanding that it has to be converted to a COD file. My further understanding is that in order to convert a jar file to a cod file, you need JDE and a JAD file.

According to some of his posts, the author of the original jar has no knowledge of JAD and COD files and no interest.

Is there a simple way for me to make this jar file accessable to my blackberry?

If I have to use JDE to convert it, is there a way for me to determine the information required for the JAD file?

Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

Developer

Re: Jar Application to Blackberry

New Developer

I was able to get to that point on my own.

My issue beyond that is How do I get the correct information to create a JAD file, because one does not exist for the jar file?

Developer
My Device: 9500/9520/9800/9810
My Carrier: TMobile

A very important question is about the source code of your "jar". Please note that java != java mobile edition... An Java application written for SDK do not have to work in the JavaMobile(Micro)Edition [cause JavaME does not support all features of Java SDK]...

So before you are going to try to create a JAD, you have to check first of all if the JAR is build for JavaME.

Kind Regards

Matthias

[FileScout] | [iMazing] | [GPSLogger II] | [Iconify] | [TOMPlayer]