Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
marasika
My Device: Not Specified

Java Refresh issue with Pearl 8120 (OS 4.3)

My application have receive(java PUSH) and send message(Text SMS) functionality

I use .jar/.jad files to download(OTA) apps to my BlackBerry handsets (Peral 8120 and 7130g)

When my app launch it start listning to SMS message connection forincoming Java Push SMS to Puh registry

anyway here's the problem

When app starts System Screen prompt for allowing send/Receive SMS and when given permission, it goes to my TextBox to enter login details, but on Pearl(8120) systemScrren still burn into my TextBox control and it wont get repainted ( this happend for nay controls not only for textBox). But I can still enter  my UID then small area where UID get entered get cleared but rest of the area is with the system Screen message.

Has anyone come across this problem with BB hanndsets. This only happens with Peral(8120) all good with  7130g, will test on Bold soon.

Thnks

Please use plain text.
Administrator
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Java Refresh issue with Pearl 8120 (OS 4.3)

marasika wrote:

it goes to my TextBox to enter login details, but on Pearl(8120) systemScrren still burn into my TextBox control and it wont get repainted ( this happend for nay controls not only for textBox).

I'm not sure what you mean here.  Can you describe this further and/or provide some screen shots?

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.
Developer
marasika

[ Edited ]

My app use SMS receive/Send, hence every time application start, there is a system screen (Attempted to send or receive message with network, allow this? ) I know this is due to Java security anyway it’s not a concern at the moment. Problem is above mentioned system message screen still appearing on top of my application's first screen even after response with “Yes” to the system message. I have a PIN screen as my initial screen (javax.microedition.lcdui.Form) but focus is not on the PIN screen neither on the system screen anyway system screen still covering PIN screen. But when I start entering data to the TextBox(PIN ) that particular PIN entering area will only get cleared. Same thing happen if I bring up my Command menu, but the rest of the PIN screen has System screen leftovers.

Basically I guess after user respond to the system screen, VM/OS does not repaint the application screen underneath (my case PIN TextBox)

I tried with a Canvas instead my TextBox to get use of showNotify()/hideNotify() methods but doesn't really help. I don’t think showNotify()/hideNotify() event work properly. Found another tread mentioned there’s a known issue on these 2 methods on version 4.3

I can’t get the screen shots as this appear on my handset ( 8120), haven’t really use BB simulator. Anyway this does not happen on 7130 and 9000(Bold) devices.

Thanks

Message Edited by marasika on 12-01-2008 06:07 PM
Please use plain text.
Administrator
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Are your SMS IO operations occuring within their own thread?  If not, try creating a pair of threads to handle listening for the incoming messages and sending outbound messages.

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.
Developer
jonberry

marasika wrote:

Has anyone come across this problem with BB hanndsets. This only happens with Peral(8120) all good with  7130g, will test on Bold soon.

Yep. It's a real bugger on 4.3

Please use plain text.
Developer
marasika

thanks All,

seems like its a bug on 4.3 as it works fine with other versions ( later & earlier)

btw, can 4.3 handsets upgradable to later versions where the bug fixed. ?

cheers

Please use plain text.
Developer
marasika

thanks,

yes I do handle SMS IO in a seprate thread. I dont think it help though i guess this is a repaint issue on 4.3. other versions work fine.

Please use plain text.
Developer
marasika

I signed(BB signed) my .cod file, now no more system pop up screens.

Please use plain text.