Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
boyfer
My Device: Not Specified

JavaFX

Hi There!!! I want to know, when the blackberry will have support for JavaFX, im very interested, i want to use it, but i dont know if it is available now.:smileyhappy:

Thanks, Friends

Please use plain text.
Developer
webmasterpdx
My Device: Not Specified

Re: JavaFX

This is the best place to put feature requests where management will see them....

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board?board.id=PM_Dev_Board

However, on this subject, I've just gone through many of the internals of the hardware to see how much is implemented in the java API, and while in many of the areas they are doing just fine, I feel that they've really ignored the power of their higher end devices like the storm and the bold. I know that the storm uses the qualcomm msm7600 chipset which has a great GPU with 3D capability with polygon fill and textured pixel rendering and many other features (such as OPENGL), and they do not support them. I've already put in a request for that and hope that some day we'll hear from them on that. I hadn't thought about JavaFX until just now and I looked it up and see that there IS a mobile version. That would be very nice. Why don't you suggest it on the forum in the link I just gave you. I'd love to see that too.

Thx

-Donald

--------------------------------------

Donald Murray

CTO IPPUB

"If this solves your problem, please don't forget to click on solved and kudos"

Please use plain text.