Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

KeyStroke injection and BES

Hi,

Is there any exception fired when we are trying to change the KeyStroke injection settings with the help of ApplicationPermissionsManager class? Cureently we don't have a BES set up to work with this issue.

I would like to change the  KeyStroke injection settings via my program. Is there any way to detect the BES permission,if the BlackBerry device  covered by BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES) network?

Thanks in advance

Jobin

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry Passport
My Carrier: Bell

Re: KeyStroke injection and BES

The ApplicationPermissionsManager.invokePermissionsRequest method can thrown a NullPointerException if you pass it a null object.  This is by design.  Are you seeing another exception thrown?

The ApplicationPermissionsManager.getApplicationPermissions returns the permissions for the current application regardless of whether or not they were set by the user, from a BlackBerry Enterprise Server or are using the default permissions (not changed at all).

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Hi,

Actually i am using invokePermissionsRequest(request) from ApplicationPermissionsManager class to set the Keystroke injection permission. It is working fine in my BB device 8800 with v 4.2.1.79.It will not thrown any exception other than nullpointer exception.

The problem is that we don't have a BES fascility so we cannot test the same in BES environment.

My question is that if BES admin has imposed some restrictions on my application, will it affect the invokePermissionsRequest(request) method invokation?

My Device: BlackBerry Passport
My Carrier: Bell

No, the request for permissions should still be allowed.  However, it is possible that the user may not be allowed to give your application the permissions it is requesting.
Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker