Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
llong
My Device: Not Specified

Keyboarding-typing shorthand system for mobile devices

My company has invented a keyboarding shorthand system (patent pending) that enables rapid entry of words and phrases with only 1, 2, 3, or 4 intuitive keystrokes. Think AutoText for 50,000 words and phrases, all with preset intuitive codes, but no memorization is required. A Windows-based prototype saves current testers from one to two hours each work day. We have yet to port the system to a cell or PDA, but one-finger simulations show a potential to triple the speed at which text can be entered to a QWERTY-enabled mobile device. I would think that integrating a system that enables text input at touch-typing speeds into mobile products might be of interest to Blackberry/RIM, but the neither the Blackberry or RIM Web sites provide any insight about how or who to contact. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks, Larry

Please use plain text.
Administrator
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Keyboarding-typing shorthand system for mobile devices

Please see this link for RIM contact information.

http://www.rim.com/company/contact/index.shtml

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.
New Developer
llong
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Keyboarding-typing shorthand system for mobile devices

Thanks, MS. I was hoping that someone within Blackberry could point me to department or, better yet, a person at one of the 6 facilities listed on the RIM contacts page. A random call to a switchboard is seldom successful on calls like this. L 
Please use plain text.