Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Regular Contributor
My Device: 9630
My Carrier: 3G

KeywordFilterField displays * Empty * before display the real thing.

I use a KeywordFilterField to add search function to my application, but what annoyed me is that the KeywordFilterField always displays * Empty * before it displays the correct thing, in other words the KeywordFilterField displays  * Empty * at the first time (though it's a very short period of time), and then it begins to display the real thing that should be displayed. You can see it in the "KeywordFilterDemo". OS 5 and OS 6.

Is there a way not to display the * Empty * at the first time , but directly display the real thing? Like the system's Files application.

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

Re: KeywordFilterField displays * Empty * before display the real thing.

is there a listfield in there? you can use setEmptyString on it, then.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Regular Contributor
My Device: 9630
My Carrier: 3G

Thank you simon, you may misunderstand my meaning, I mean the field first displays the "Empty String", though it's a very short period of time(0.2 second maybe), compare with the ObjectListField you can notice that.

If you mean set the "Empth String" to a empty string, it's also not a good idea(will show just blank area).

I believe there's a solution, because the System's "Files" applications and other applications don't display the annoying "* Empty *", it directly displays the real thing.

emptyFirst.gif

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

well, it seems to take some time to fill the list.
if you set it to "" the empty will be gone at least.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter