Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
franktnguyen
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

LBS Simulatoer does not work with JSR 179

I implemented JSR 179 LBS similar to gpsdemo but couldn't get LocationProvider instance. It kept failing on simulator as well as real device. I do have API Code signing key but have no idea how to enter it in. Under Edit/Preferences/Code Signing, there are two fileds Proxy Host and Proxy Port and I don't know what to put in. Has anyone out there built successfully JSR 170 application ? It's so frustrating porting our app onto BlackBerry.
Please use plain text.
Developer
timnelson

Re: LBS Simulatoer does not work with JSR 179

I've had errors in the simulator, what version of the simulator are you using?  I think the 8300 Verizon one works fine.  If it doesn't work on the real device, maybe the carrier has disabled it, who is your carrier?  Please provide more detail, it is hard to help without detailed information.
Please use plain text.
Administrator
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

The SignatureTool is used to sign applications.  To do so click on the Build menu of the BlackBerry JDE and select Request Signatures...

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.
New Developer
franktnguyen

I used 8300-ATT-4.2.2.89 simulator. I will download 8300 VZW and try it. Could this be the code signing problem? I did received .csi and have private key. However, I could never successfully request the signature (Build->Request Signatures). It always failed. I was thinking of unchecking the API restrict access in JDE (4 boxes) but now I couldn't find it anywhere.
Please use plain text.
Administrator
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Simulating GPS in the BlackBerry Simulator requires the use of a BlackBerry model that contains GPS hardware support.  The BackBerry 8300 does not.  Instead, you can use the BlackBerry 8310 simulator.

Please contact RIM at devsupport@rim.com regarding the issue with your signature keys.

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.
New Developer
franktnguyen

Yes, it does work with BB 8330 simulator. Thanks,
Please use plain text.