Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
katrinaniolet
My Device: Not Specified

Re: LDAP in Simulator not working?

I have not tried yet. I'm hoping it does, though.
Please use plain text.
New Developer
jrebeiro

I'll try it out today and post the results.... wish me luck :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
New Developer
growse

Has anyone managed to get this working? I'm running into a similar problem making an anonymous bind LDAP call to my server using the simulator.

The odd thing I'm getting is that if I run it, I get an LDAPQuery.LDAP_SUCCESS response, but looking at my LDAP server I can see that it's not even trying to connect. However, If I debug, break and step through it, I get an LDAPQuery.LDAP_ERROR_SERVICE_UNAVAILABLE_EXCEPTION response.

So, two things: (a) Why doesn't it work and (b) why do I get different results when stepping through and when just letting it run?

Please use plain text.
New Developer
growse

After receiving my keys and signing my apps, it seems that LDAPQuery is either implemented badly, or not at all in the 4.7 OS. A simple piece of code that makes a call to an LDAP server and counts some records records a successful connection and 0 results, but in fact makes no attempt to connect to the LDAP server. This is on a 9500 connected to a BIS. I would tell RIM, but it seems they want £189 off me to raise a support request. I'd rather just implement the LDAP protocol myself.
Please use plain text.