Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Regular Contributor
My Device: nil

Layout of controls in different phones

How can i control the layout and the height width parameters of the controls that i use in a blackberry application...?

In some high resolution phones the application layout looks small, where it looks pretty good in small resolution phones..

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

Re: Layout of controls in different phones

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/Create-a-custom-layout-manager-for-a-screen/...
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Developer
My Device: various
My Carrier: various

Re: Layout of controls in different phones

It is a big topic and is only partially covered by the custom layout managers. You might want to set font sizes according to the phone screen's physical resolution (found using Display.getHorizontalResolution() and getVerticalResolution() - returns are in pixels per meter). This alone can alleviate most of your problems.

If you need finer control over the layout, then the article quoted by Simon as well as this one - How to Extend Manager - should get you started.

You might also want to review the tutorials found here:

Tutorials for new developers - Part 1

Good luck!

----------------------------------------------------------
please click 'Accept Solution' on posts that provide the solution to the question you've posted. Don't say "Thanks", press 'Like' button instead!