Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Contributor
gumpyboy
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

List unread message on OS 6 Notification Bar

Hello all,

You all know that the OS 6 comes with notification bar which if we pull down the bar, it will display the recent unread message.

I just want to ask if is there any API / tutorial we can use to list our message in the pull down bar of this notification??

Thanks..

Please use plain text.
Developer
simon_hain
My Device: Z10 LE
My Carrier: O2 Germany

Re: List unread message on OS 6 Notification Bar

check

http://www.blackberry.com/developers/docs/5.0.0api/net/rim/blackberry/api/messagelist/ApplicationInd...

----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Please use plain text.
Contributor
gumpyboy

Thanks simon_hain,

but we have already implement the ApplicationIndicator,

and now, within OS6, if we click at the notification bar, it will pull down the recent / newest / unread message will show so we can click to see the detail of the message.

That's what i want to know about.. any clue??

Please use plain text.
Contributor
gumpyboy

Hi all, i'm still waiting for a clue here.. Is there anyone can help?? thanks

Please use plain text.
Developer
Marc_Paradise
My Device: PlayBook -> 9900, 9810, 9800, 9700,9000, 8800, 8700...
My Carrier: AT&T

[ Edited ]

I'd love to know the same.  This is a very surprising oversight -- that is, assuming it's even possible.  The lack of this kind of basic information is what makes developing for BB an occasionally frustrating task.  With all of the examples in the KB, sample apps, etc --  you'd think there'd be something that says how to use one of the most visible features of the new OS6.

One possibility is that it's tied into ApplicationMessageFolder - perhaps implementing that would automatically give integration with the notification bar?

Try out BBSSH, a free Blackberry SSH client.
  • If you like my post, please let me know by Liking it!
  • If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bigstevearm

Any news on this from RIM? The package net.rim.blackberry.api.messagelist doesn't seem to have changed since OS 4.6, yet OS 6 has introduced new behavior with the notification bar.  Our app works fine in regard to adding notification messages into the message list (which launch our app when opened) and updating the ApplicationIcon, but when we run under OS 6 on a Torch and select our ApplicationIcon from the notification bar, we get the message "You currently have no new notifications".  What needs to be done to inform the notification bar that there are in fact new notifications?

Oh wait. A new method signature has been slipped into OS 6.0 for ApplicationMessageFolderRegistry.registerFolderThis new signature takes a new class named ApplicationFolderIntegrationConfig that is only available in OS 6.0.  Though I haven't tested this, it would be my guess that it is through the "homeScreenIntegration" boolean setting that you would enable your app's notifications in the message list to work correctly via the new notification bar.  This means creating an OS 6.0 specific version of your app.

It would be nice if someone from RIM confirmed this.

Thanks,

Steve

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bigstevearm

Hi,

Following up to my previous response:

I used the new 6.0 registerFolder signature that takes an ApplicationFolderIntegrationConfig object, compiled a 6.0 specific version of my application, and sure enough, I can now access message notifications from the notification bar.

Cheers,

Steve

Please use plain text.
Contributor
gumpyboy

Please use plain text.