Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Regular Contributor
guydor
My Device: 9700

ListField Limit Scrolling

Hi,

I'm using ListField to display content and I want to limit it's scrolling to the content height,

for example, if the list field has 5 rows, which can be display on the 9700 screen with no need to scroll down, I don't want to user to be able to scroll,

if the list field has 15 rows, which can be display on the 9700 screen with requires the user to scroll down in order to view all the rows, I want to limit the user so he won't be able to scroll beyond the content height (the last row)

Thanks

Developer
peter_strange
My Device: Not Specified

Re: ListField Limit Scrolling

A Screen which has no need to scroll will not scroll.  So  ListField with no need to scroll will not scroll. 

You may be able to limit the scrolling down by setting the size of the ListField - set setSize().   You will need to dynamically change this and I am not sure how the ListField will cope with it, though I suspect it will OK.

However I am not clear on the usefulness or desirability of this. 

For example, say your user scrolls to the 15 element.  Then they scroll back to the 1st.  Now they know there are 15 (they have seen it) so when they scroll forward they want to go to 15.  So you can't really restrict them to 10 can you?

If you want the users to be able to 'page', then I suggest you implement this in another way.  Say a 'next page' button or key - for example, I have used N and P for Next and Previous.