Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
jsdyer
My Device: BlackBerry Tour 9630
My Carrier: Verizon

ListField with Separators

I'm trying to figure out how I can create a LabelField with line separators?  Does anyone know how to do this?  Should I just put a bunch of LabelFields with Line Separators in a Vertical Layout?

Thanks!

-J

Please use plain text.
Developer
RexDoug
My Device: Not Specified

Re: ListField with Separators

ListField has a callback to draw the row - just draw a line at the bottom of each row cell.

Please use plain text.
Developer
jsdyer

Thanks for the prompt reply.  I tried that, but for someone reason it doesn't draw.

public void drawListRow(ListField list, Graphics g, int index, int y, int w) {
        g.drawText("Line One", 0, y, 0, w);
        g.drawLine(0, 0, Graphics.getScreenWidth(), 0);
    }

I'm probably doing it wrong.  It draws the line across, but it only does it on the top of the first row.  It doesn't repeat it.  If I set the size of the ListField to 3, it still only draws the line at the top of the first row.

ListField profileList = new ListField();
        profileList.setEmptyString("No Active Profiles...", DrawStyle.LEFT);
        profileList.setSize(3);
 profileList.setBorder(BorderFactory.createSimpleBorder(new XYEdges(1,0,1,0))); profileList.setCallback(new TestListCallback());

Please help!  Thanks again!

Please use plain text.
Developer
RexDoug

From the javadocs:

Invoked when a particular row requires painting.

The graphics context passed to this method represents the entire list, not just the row for repainting. Accordingly, the y parameter indicates how far down in the list the repaint should occur.

Please use plain text.
Developer
jsdyer

Ok.  That makes sense.  I'll give it a try!  Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Developer
Developer
bcq

[ Edited ]

hi jsdyer, i'm looking for this issue too, so plz post ur solution here if you can solve it. Thanks!

i have tried and it worked! ... but it draw line at the top of the first line too, how can i remove it ?

Please use plain text.
Developer
Rajat_10Sep

Hi,

First draw your text then draw the line,it should solve the issue,also remeber that value of y should be 5-6 pixel more then the height of the text in first line,so that line gets drawn from the bottom of the text.

Regards,
Rajat Gupta.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If your problem was get solved then please mark the thread as "Accepted solution" and kudos - your wish
Please use plain text.
Developer
Rajat_10Sep

Hi,

First draw your text then draw the line,it should solve the issue,also remeber that value of y should be 5-6 pixel more then the height of the text in first line,so that line gets drawn from the bottom of the text.

Regards,
Rajat Gupta.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If your problem was get solved then please mark the thread as "Accepted solution" and kudos - your wish
Please use plain text.
Developer
simon_hain
My Device: Z10 LE
My Carrier: O2 Germany

instead of y as a parameter use (getRowHeight() + y -1), this will draw the line to the bottom.

----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Please use plain text.