Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Regular Contributor
ramkumar
My Device: 9300
My Carrier: Engineer
Accepted Solution

Listen when user opens Options .

Hi,

I want to listen from my application when user opens Options application.I also wants to know which type of options user currently modifying. using

ApplicationManager.getApplicationManager().getVisibleApplications()  i can know when user open Options applications.But i want to know which type of options user currently opened.

We have 200 mobile clients i want to restrict the user to change some Options.Is it possible?

Thanks & regards,

Ramkumar.

Please use plain text.
Developer
simon_hain
My Device: Z10 LE
My Carrier: O2 Germany

Re: Listen when user opens Options .

this is the domain of the BES. you will not be able to replicate this with the API.

BES express is for free, but for 200 clients you will need a normal one i think.

----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
ramkumar
My Device: 9300
My Carrier: Engineer

Thankyou,

Our company is in INDIA. I went  to the page on BB Downloads to download B.E.S server but in that form Our country is not listed on Country selection list .I send  a mail to R.I.M they are telling that for INDIA B.E.S services are not available.Please give me any idea.

Thanks and regards,

P.Ramkumar.

Please use plain text.
Developer
simon_hain
My Device: Z10 LE
My Carrier: O2 Germany

probably because the indian government had some struggles with rim due to encryption.

see http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2375442,00.asp or other similar articles.

but as far as i know BES is available in india, otherwise the government wouldn't have these struggles with rim.

our company sells bes servers in Germany, but i have no clue where to get them in India, maybe you can find a local RIM partner or alliance member and ask them?

----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Please use plain text.