Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Contributor
yespay
My Device: bold 9900

Re: Listener belongs to another application module

I am not able to update my blackberry bold 9900. Can you please suggest me the procedure to update the OS?

It will be very helpfull for me if you also provide the links from where to download the os if required.

Thanks!

Retired
mwoolley
My Device: Z10

http://us.blackberry.com/update/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to press the like button on the right side if you liked my attempts to help :-)
And please mark posts as solved if you think I found the solution or set you on its path. Thanks!
Follow me on Twitter: @mdwrim
Regular Contributor
ricken
My Device: Not Specified

The update to x.400 solved the problem on 9360 :smileyhappy:

Thanks again for your help!

Contributor
yespay
My Device: bold 9900

It solved the problem. Thanks!

BlackBerry Development Advisor
twindsor
My Device: Passport
My Carrier: Bell

Yes, in case anyone looks here and doesn't see the other thread, this is a known issue fixed in version 7.0.0.358 of the software. 

Tracked on our issue tracker at https://www.blackberry.com/jira/browse/JAVAAPI-2158

Tim Windsor
Open Source Technical Lead
Developer
paulkayuk
My Device: Curve 8520

[ Edited ]

Well, I hate to be the bearer of the bad news to the RIM guys who believe that this problem is solved with the latest OS updates, but it isn't.

I have had a perfectly (well near enough) NFC enabled application running for several months.  On making some minor changes this week to none-NFC functionality, i.e. No changes at all to any of the code w.r.t. NFC, I repackaged, re-signed and deployed and now get this 'Listener belongs to..." message.

As the company I am working for is an Alliance Partner, I have downloaded and installed the latest OS versions available to us, so I now have:

Updated to latest available version:

Bold 9900 running 7.0 Bundle 2463; v7.0.0.608; Platform 5.0.0.750

Bold 9900 running 7.1 Bundle 921; v7.1.0.267; Platform 5.1.0.230

Running latest carrier version:

Curve 9360 T-Mobile running 7.0 Bundle 2414; v7.0.0.590; Platform 8.0.0.520

Curve 9380 O2 running 7.0 Bundle 2220; v7.0.0.513; Platform 9.32.0.51

That is, all versions are newer than the suggested 'Fixed in 7.0.0.358' version.

Consequently, just as we were getting some traction with a Carrier sales team, our project is (hopefully) temporarily dead in the water.

So, if any BlackBerry Development Advisors are still watching this thread; Have you any further ideas for a Workaround for this problem, because the OS update fix isn't.

Retired
mwoolley
My Device: Z10

Please send me a private message about this and we'll take this offline for now. I've heard of no other reports like this. I'll report back here for the community when we've investigated this more thoroughly together.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to press the like button on the right side if you liked my attempts to help :-)
And please mark posts as solved if you think I found the solution or set you on its path. Thanks!
Follow me on Twitter: @mdwrim
Developer
paulkayuk
My Device: Curve 8520

Cheers Martin, I have PM'd you my contact email address