Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
chini21
My Device: Not Specified

Listening to DOM Events in Native BB Application

Hi,

I'm building a native BB app for Storm where I am launching the browser using Browser.getDefaultSession().displayPage(...).

What I want to do next is to be able to listen to DOM events in the displayed web page in my native app. Is this possible? If so how do I do it. If not, then is there another way that I can achieve this (using BrowserFields??).

One of the reasons why I want to trap DOM events is to be able to use some of them to explicitly invoke BB internal apps such as mail, phone, maps, etc... I know that I can trap events for mail and phone apps (using PhoneListener etc...), however, I did not see anyway to do the same for maps. This may be due to the fact that BB browser in storm only supports mail and phone apps. Am I worng about this?

Lastly, if I can listen to DOM events in my native app, then I think I will have better control over BB internal app integration via the Invoke API, which provides access to many more BB internal apps on top of phone,mail, and maps. (See: http://na.blackberry.com/eng/deliverables/6022/index.html?name=BlackBerry+Java+Development+Environme...)

Appreciate any help on this.

Thanks!

BlackBerry Development Advisor
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Passport

Re: Listening to DOM Events in Native BB Application

Can you elaborate on what exactly you are trying to capture?  It may be possible using a browser field, but would not be supported when invoking the BlackBerry Browser.

You can create URLs within your application that can invoke some internal applications (i.e. Phone, Messages, etc) to compose things (i.e. email, PIN message, phone call, etc...).

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker