Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
technolgia
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Loading application through JAD file on Emulator

Hi,

In my application i have few attributes defined in the .jad file. Making changes to the .jad and loading the .cod file on the Device works fine without any problem. Now to run the application making changes to the jad file on the emulator seems to be a problem as the emulator accepts only .cod files. Is there anyway i can load the application through .jad file on the emulator? Kindly help me with this.

Thanking you,

Regards,

S.A.Norton Stanley

Please use plain text.
Developer
technolgia

Re: Loading application through JAD file on Emulator

Hi,

After some trials i found that .jad files can be loaded on emulators that support simulating an SDCard.

Regards,

S.A.Norton Stanley

Please use plain text.
Developer
kaddy

cam you please tell me how this could be done...i really need this for testing...

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange

The easiest way to load a jad, is to actually put it on a web server, start the SImulator with MDS running, and download from the web just as if you were loading it OTA.  This is a good way, it tests the jad and will also use all the jad attributes.

You can also use a jad when using Javaloader, specify the jad instead of the cods.  However I don't know if this will take advantage of the jad attributes. 

Please use plain text.
Developer
technolgia

Hi,

If your using an Emulator that supports simulating SDCard  (for eg.9000) then you can just browse through the media card and use the jad file to install the applications exactly the way you would do it on the phone.

Thanking you,

Regards,

S.A.Norton Stanley

Please use plain text.