Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
bbbancolombia
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Local persistent storage takes a lot of time

Hi All,

I created an application in which I store locally 1.200 objects (employee information) using the BB persistent storage model.  For each object to store, I have 7 attributes:Name, phone, address, email, mobile, area, and position. I store this information only once (the first time the application is launched), however this activity takes around 4 minutes to complete, which I think is a lot of time. Does this make sense or am I possibly doing something wrong (not efficient)? Is there another mechanism to store information locally which is more efficient/fast?

Best regards,

Juan.

Please use plain text.
Developer

Re: Local persistent storage takes a lot of time

Instead of store all 1200 contacts first and then doing the rest of work. In my opinion, it would be better if you will start the app and store your contacts in another thread which will run simulatenously.

Press the kudos button to thank the user who helped you.

If your problem was get solved then please mark the thread as "Accepted solution".

Deepesh Gupta
Please use plain text.
Developer
simon_hain
My Device: Z10 LE
My Carrier: O2 Germany

it is normal that it takes so long, do it in a separate thread or display a progress bar on a start screen that shows the indexing.
if it has to be done only once the time required is not very important imo.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Please use plain text.
Developer
Ted_Hopp

simon_hain wrote:
do it in a separate thread or display a progress bar on a start screen that shows the indexing.

Or both. :smileyhappy:

Solved? click "Accept as solution". Helpful? give kudos by clicking on the star.
Please use plain text.