Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9850
My Carrier: Verizon

MIDlet not found exception with ApplicationManager.launch

[ Edited ]

Hi Everyone,

I would be grateful for any help that could be offered for an issue I'm having using the ApplicationManager.launch function in order to invoke the Bolt browser from my BlackBerry app.

Here is the code snippet in question:

if(CodeModuleManager.getModuleHandle("boltbb252") == 0) {
	Dialog.alert("Bolt is not currently installed");
} else {
try {
manager.launch("boltbb252?" + buildURL());
} catch (ApplicationManagerException e) {
Dialog.alert("Bolt launch failed!");
}
}

The method I'm using above seems to work flawlessly with the Opera Mini browser using the module name "operette$2dhifi" as obtained from the applications list under the BB's options screen but does not seem to be working with the Bolt browser application.  The getModuleHandle call confirms that boltbb252 is a valid module name, however, the launch function generates "Uncaught exception: MIDlet not found exception" on the device and simulator.  I also tried substituting boltbb252 for BOLT (which I obtained from the MIDlet Name parameter of the Bolt applications JAD file) but this generates the same results.

My aim is to launch the Bolt browser with a generated URL, launch seemed to be the easiest way of doing this but perhaps I need to use a different method?

Any insight anyone could offer would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Russ.

New Developer
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: 3

Re: MIDlet not found exception with ApplicationManager.launch

[ Edited ]

i had similar but not exact issue like this...
im not sure if this will fix but, if u dun mind, try..

manager.launch ( (CodeModuleManager.getModuleName (CodeModuleManager.getModuleHandle("boltbb252"))) + "?" +  buildURL() );

i am just wondering if the compiler doesnt misinterpret your string with a literal string coz last time i struggled with a string equalisation in an if condition...

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9850
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: MIDlet not found exception with ApplicationManager.launch

Thank you so much for replying choco-panda.  Unfortunately, I still get the same exception with your suggestion.

Russ.