Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Retired
Retired
My Device: Not Specified
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: MMAPI sound Player overactive memory allocation

*sigh*

Sorry I've been busy but I've got time now to get back to this.  I followed up with my source and it turns out we were both incorrect, and I have to apologize profusely.  The player treats type 15 frames as no sound but the DSP treats them as 20 ms of silence, which is what ultimately happens and is what you're seeing. 

I guess that's what I get for passing along information before trying it myself first.  Again, I apologize if I've caused any confusion or wasted anyone's time. Oddly there's no 'embarrassed' emoticon, but if there were I would use it here.

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Torch

[ Edited ]

I was hoping that I am doing something wrong Smiley Happy

OK thanks @BVP for the time and effort spent! At least it is good to know that we can't do much about the buffer. The best I could come with was to feed the buffer with silence and ignore delayed packs thus avoiding second entering into buffering mode but there still is the initial buffer.

We will hope that everything works fine with os7 devices, and maybe some of the os6 devices will get update to os7.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Press the button to give kudos if I helped you Smiley Happy
Developer
My Device: styile 9670
My Carrier: SingTel

Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy ...my assumption and experiment is corrent Smiley Happy

Mobile Application Advisor
Developer
My Device: styile 9670
My Carrier: SingTel

have any one debug voip switch blackberry dialer. may be they are using file to play audio. anyone try?

Mobile Application Advisor