Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
simon_hain
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
Accepted Solution

Maximum class file name length in jde/preverify.exe?

I have a small problem. Or, in fact, it is a long problem.
I use a webservice, thus i have no influence on the filenames.
I am in no way responsible for the things returned by the webservice (or i would probably shot myself already).
The generated classes have a lot of inner classes that are nested within eachother.

the class file names of two generated classes seem to be too long, here is the error message of one of them:

Error loading class com.sap.xi.appl.global2.TradeReceivablesPayablesAccountERPSplitItemGroupByCustomerIDResponseMessage_sync$TradeReceivablesPayablesAccount$TradeReceivablesPayablesRegisterItem$TradeReceivablesPayablesRegisterItemSplitItem
Error!: Error: preverifier failed: C:\Programme\Research In Motion\BlackBerry JDE 4.2.1\bin\preverify.exe -d C:\DOKUME~1\sha\LOKALE~1\Te ...

other jde versions (4.3, 4.5, 4.6) had the same error.

any way around this?
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook

Re: Maximum class file name length in jde/preverify.exe?

There is a maximum size for filename+path in Windows, which you may be hitting.  I tried creating a sample with this and Windows wouldn't let me do anything with the file, giving an error of "The filename or extension is too long".

Moving the project closer to the root fixed the problem for me and allowed me to build the application.

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.
Developer
simon_hain
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport

Re: Maximum class file name length in jde/preverify.exe?

ah, i did not take the directory into account. the files itself were readable, probably just the addition of the directory made it non-handable by the system.
i'll try to move my workspace to a "lower" directory - and hope there are no classes that stack too deep even for that.

----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Please use plain text.