Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
sam_berry
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8900
Accepted Solution

Missing sigtool files on vista

Hi,

I am facing a trouble with signing keys. I have vista home premium on my development machine with JDE 4.2.0, JDE 4.2.1 and JDE 4.7.1 installed. My project is configured and being developed in JDE 4.2.1 only. When I got keys from RIM, I double clicked the first .csi file. As this was the first time I am signing Blackberry app on this machine, I was asked to first create the missing csk files, so the two step process was carried out BUT it by default was done in JDE 4.7.1\bin directory and then I did registered all three .csi files successfully.

I didn't attempted to sign my application because it is in JDE 4.2.1, so I had to copy the sigtool.csh, sigtool.db and sigtool.set files to my JDE 4.2.1\bin directory.

Here is the problem, I dont see the three files in my JDE 4.7.1\bin directory. Can anybody tell me where the hell these files gone, even after registration of all three .csi files. I did tried to search using default search tool in Windows Vista Home Premium, but the files are found no where. Somebody just told me that it may be because I am not having the admin previliges, but thats not true, I have all the rights on my system.. I suppose. Do I? Please help me in anyway you can.

Thanks in Advance.

Do what you love.. Love what you do.. :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Developer
simon_hain
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport

Re: Missing sigtool files on vista

maybe there is some button in your explorer, something like "show legacy files". at least my vista does something like this from time to time, was never annoyed enough to dig into disabling it.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Please use plain text.
Developer
sam_berry

Ok Thanks,

I found the solution. Please find it on my blog entry here.

Sameer.

Please use plain text.
New Developer
muharrem
My Device: Not Specified

I couldn't reach your blog entry, can you explane the solution here or give a new link?
Please use plain text.
Developer
sam_berry

Guys sorry about posting the link late.. but anyway am posting the link back again.

http://www.sameernafdey.com/2008/10/blackberry-code-signing-on-vista-home.html

Please use plain text.