Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
arun160411
My Device: Not Specified

My Application is not able to download data

Hi , we made an application of internet services and released to one of our customer. but the problem is that the application keeps on showing the "loading" message, which means it is unable to download the Data from net. but its working perfectly at our end. we asked him whether he has any IT policies applied on his mobile, the answer was NO. he is using private services from operator. and asked about the versio he uses. its 4.2.1 compatible. mobile is 8310. what could be the reason, can anybody tell me???
Please use plain text.
Developer
marchywka
My Device: Not Specified

Re: My Application is not able to download data

You need to obtain specific information to help narrow this down. The carriers are rarely clear on their

policies and I personally think they want to sell their own software and keep traffic down as much as possible

without impacting ARPU.

In any case, instrument your connection method, catch general things like Throwable and either popup dialog

boxes or, in the case or naive users, just have the error along with internal state information, mailed

back to you. This latter strategy works great for me and the code is not that involved.

Please use plain text.
Administrator
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Re: My Application is not able to download data

Please verify that the user has access to connect over the route your application is using.

What Is - Different ways to make an HTTP or socket connection
Article Number: DB-00396

http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe/fetch/2000/348583/800451/800563/What_Is...

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.