Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Contributor
narasinga
My Device: black berry 8820
My Carrier: new

Need Help With GPSDemo Application

Hi Friends,

I Am Currently Working On Blackberry Mobile Applications and i am running GPSDemo Sample program. It works good on simulator i need to run this application on my device Send (Latitude and Longitude)  values to the server which is running.what is the procedure for this . plz help me out this.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
narasinga

Re: Need Help With GPSDemo Application

Could Somebody Please Help me. I am struggling here.

Please use plain text.
Developer
ibarrera
My Device: 9100

Hey there,

I think you have to sing your application as a first thing, then create .alx file and finally upload it to your device with Desktop Manager.

I am not sure if this is what you mean. Let me know.

Please use plain text.
Developer
johnbibs
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

Hi,

If you want more information on code signing please read this:

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/developers/javaappdev/codekeys.jsp

after successfully signing your application, you can install it using javaloader or as mentioned by ibarrera, generate alx and use your desktop manager.

cheers

Please use plain text.
Contributor
narasinga

hi

Thanks for Reply. i Signed my application and it is running in device successfully. How can i Send the geathered information to the server (Which is the ip address of my system) is there any thing i should know?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
narasinga

hi i am running the sample application (GPSDemo client and Server ) in simulator GPSServer program getting the client request but in real device how it is possible. I am not getting any response from clent(Device) to Server(My System's Application) and i am using public ip address only.

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange
My Device: Not Specified

Connecting from a BlackBerry device is not a trivial thing to do.  There are many many Threads about this on this forum. 

Your description does not give much to go on in order to help you.  Rather than start writing lots of options, can I direct you to this Thread:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/Connecting-your-BlackBerry-http-and-socket-c...

It is a long Thread, the bit I really want to make sure you have read and understood is the 'Required Reading Section.  Have you looked at the videos and KB articles that are referenced in there?

Once you have reviewed all this, I suggest you ask the question again, but this time give us more information, including the OS Level and device you are testing on, the OS Level that you have used to develop on, the connection suffix you are trying to use, the carrier involved and (since it is public) the IP Address you are trying to connect to. 

Whether you can actually connect or not can vary depending on all of these. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
narasinga

hi peter thanks for ur post. My BB OS is 4.5 (8820) and i am using Eclipse to run the program. program is already having socket connection to implement. so i didn't make any changes i just added the server name(Ip Address of my system) i need to Connect this device to my running application(Which is Server application) what do i need please help me.i am telling this in simulator this program works grate.

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange
My Device: Not Specified

If you review the Thread you will understand that a Simulator connection does not mean the device connects.  I recommend that you review that Thread again.

Can you please answer all the questions I asked in my previous post. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
narasinga

hi i already studied your documents and i got to know about BES. i didnt' get the remaining questions which u asked. please give me the procedure to send the device information(Longitude and latitude) values to server. my Device is already having the net connection which is given by the service provider(Airtel) . Please let me out of this. 

Please use plain text.