Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
smiley
My Device: Z10

New BBM SDK

Just installed the BBM SDK and can't get both sims to talk to each other.  anyone have any luck?

New Developer
hideoaki
My Device: Not Specified

Re: New BBM SDK

Yes, I can make two simulator can talk with each other by following the document "BlackBerry_Messenger_Social_Platform_SDK_Getting_Started_Guide.pdf" strictly.

Could you please tell me what step that you struck right now?

Have you already started the MDS ?

Developer
smiley

1 created the mds shortcut with the added target as suggested in the doc

2 ran the mds

3 ran sim1.bat and sim2.bat

4 on sim1 ran BBM and try to invite sim2 with PIN.  it just sat there pending authorization

I didnt edit the sim1.bat and sim2.bat. 

does the mds folder have to be in the same folder as the simulator folder?

I also ran the sample apps and got NOT ALLOW on the screen title.

New Developer
hideoaki

Ok. I am not sure that you face the same problem as me or not. But I hope it maybe help if I told you the problem that I face before it works.

1. jre should be > 1.6.20

2. don't forget about encryption steps (download file and put it in the jre folder)

3. check that the mds is still running or not (For my first time running, after I ran the MDS, it suddenly stoped running. I found that the problem is it used my old jdk (at first my computer have jre version 1.6.14 and 1.6.24).. So, I uninstall the old version, reboot and it worked ! )

Hope this help!!.

Developer
smiley

hideoaki wrote:

Ok. I am not sure that you face the same problem as me or not. But I hope it maybe help if I told you the problem that I face before it works.

1. jre should be > 1.6.20

2. don't forget about encryption steps (download file and put it in the jre folder)

3. check that the mds is still running or not (For my first time running, after I ran the MDS, it suddenly stoped running. I found that the problem is it used my old jdk (at first my computer have jre version 1.6.14 and 1.6.24).. So, I uninstall the old version, reboot and it worked ! )

Hope this help!!.

ok. i'm on jre 1.6.16 and i thought maybe just replacing the two encryption files would have done it but i will try to upgrade to v20

thanks

New Developer
dario22

I done everything which is in .doc, run sim1 and sim2 and invite from first to second but it notshow eny invite in second

it must be add

-log.console.dump -feature
"bbm,keynego,monitor,servicebook,cmimep2p,ep2p,registration,ippp,http,httpm,htt
pc,httpcm,defaulthandler" -webconfig all

to MDS run.bat? I added this and it make exceptions

Contributor
ChanachonBB
My Device: 9780

I try everything on Document but I have some problem

Sim1 and Sim2 have the same PIN 2100000A, in Sim2 bat I set as 2100000B but when I run it still 2100000A. How can I do for this case?

Thank you.

Contributor
diablixta
My Device: 9700

i have one cuestion about this ! i mean, i already have the to simulators sim1 and sim2 running, and i already send the invitation from sim1 to sim2, when i recibed the invitation on sim2 that i accept it stay on PENDING mode, And never comes out of that state ! ...what could i do about it ?