Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Regular Contributor
jayakrishnan_salim
My Carrier: Airtel

New BlackBerry maps on OS 7.1

I have some issues coming in the new BB map for OS 7.1. I am invoking BB map from my application to show route  to a particular location from my current location. When it is launched, its showing a message that "There are no deals available in this area" . From some reviews about the new OS 7.1 update I got to know that now on BB maps discounts, coupons etc from nearby vendors are displaying as a default feature of it. Can this feature be disabled?

For my application, this feature is a bit annoying and I want to remove it. There is not much help available from anywhere regarding this.

Anyone please provide me some input regarding this new feature. 

Please use plain text.
Developer
lcaro
My Carrier: Generic

Re: New BlackBerry maps on OS 7.1

Hi jayakrishnan_salim,

I am also facing the same problem. Did you ever find a solution to this problem? Can that feature be disabled?

Thank you very much indeed

Regards

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
jayakrishnan_salim
My Carrier: Airtel

Re: New BlackBerry maps on OS 7.1

Hi,

I could not disable that feature. What I did was, I used Google maps application which is downloadable and used it to show the route by passing source and destination lattitudes and longitudes from my application.

Please use plain text.